There have been many changes to SlackBuilder in the last year. Too many to recount here. But there are a few that deserve mention.
pkg-tools has recieved the most attention with many new bug fixes, commands and feature additions. The following is some of the more usefull.
- pkg-blacklist: is a command to add/remove packages to/from a blacklist file. A blacklisted package can still be searched, installed etc... they are just not included in the upgrading process. This prevents them from showing up in the pkg-applet upgrade list. So you don't get constantly harrassed to upgrade a package you have no intention of upgrading. But you can still upgrade it manually if desired.
- pkg-priority: this command is used to manage a priority list file of packages. packages in the priority list will be installed/upgraded from the source defined.
- pkgd: a pkg-upgrade daemon. will check for updates every two hrs or whatever is defined in /etc/pkg-tools/pkgd.conf
- Pkg-applet: starts and stops a pkg-applet that runs in the system tray
- etc...: there are other commands and updates to find out more go to the tutorial Package Manager