- The boot image installer is pre set to install a complete SlackBuilder distribution of about 700 packages.
- There is limited wifi support and you can connect via the installer program; wpa_supplicant is used to authorize secure networks.
- The Lynx web browser is available if need be
- Once installed there are two desktops to choose from: Xfce (plain vanilla slack) and Openbox -- SlackBuilder configured, lxdm or 'startopenbox' command will start a decent session.
- And of course it comes with all the SlackBuilder tools
Images for 14.2 are updated regularly. (current has been suspended while work continues on 14.2).Attention: You can now load & save installation settings profiles. Check out the SETTINGS option from the main menu of the Installer. There are two profiles at this time, 'default' and 'chromebook'.
- usbboot-i686-14.2.img - Size 150.00M - Updated 2017-09-10 05:27:42
- usbboot-x86_64-14.2.img - Size 150.00M - Updated 2017-09-10 05:31:12
Note: All install images are remakes of slackware's usbboot.img. Rebuilt with 'mkimg'. A usbboot img conversion command that ships with SlackBuilder's slkn-usbboot package.
For installation instructions please see Installing.
Just the package manager
To install the package-manager only, download this tar file pkg_manager.tar.xz. Once downloaded. As root run the following commands to install.
tar xvf pkg_manager.tar.xz cd pkg_manager installpkg $(ls *.txz)
Then go to the Package-manager section of the tutorial to learn more.